FEI Nova Nanolab 200 DualBeam FIB
Advanced microscopy platform comprising high-performance electron and ion columns and analytical detectors for use in 2D and 3D microscopy, materials modification and fabrication of insulators, metals and semiconducting materials.
- Implantation and nano-machining
- Quantum Dots and arrays
- Precise Surface Reconstructions
- Select chemically regions for machining
- Alternate between imaging and nanomilling
- Single atom implantation, device prototyping or selective alloying
- Nanoscale metrology: characterisation of micro devices (e.g.) recording heads, quantum computer, photonics, semiconductors
- Engineering materials: new insights
- Dual-beam, featuring a scanning electron microscope
- Focussed Ga source for ion machining and milling
- Analytical capability (EDXS, EBSD)
- Ion energy range: 5-30 keV
- Ion beam current range: 1 pA to 20 nA
- Ion beam min. diameter: approx. 10 nm
- Electron column energy range: 0.5-30 keV
- Electron column imaging resolution: 1 nm
FEI Helios NanoLab DualBeam FIB
The next-generation focused ion beam / field-emission SEM instrument provides a platform for sub-nanometre resolution imaging with innovative machining capability. The instrument provides leading-edge capability with novel solutions to difficult sample preparation, 2-D and 3-D nanoanalysis and prototyping, and it adds to the nations capacity for this technology.
Applications include micro-machining and analysis of renewable energy ’sliver’ technologies, applications for the defence industries, and in the prototype manufacture of laser hydrophones.